Low Carb Meat Pie
Gluten Free TOO!
If I make this for our family, I use ground pork or even breakfast sausage instead of beef because some of my family members don’t like beef. If its just for my hubby and I, I use the ground beef in this recipe. Either way, it is yummy!
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- ground beef or ground lamb
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or dried basil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste or ajvar relish
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb cottage cheese
- 7 oz. shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the ground beef and keep frying. Add oregano or basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste, pesto or ajvar relish – use what you have on hand. Add water. Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. While the meat simmers, make the dough for the crust.
- Mix all the dough ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough turns into a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mix by hand with a fork.