These Are Low Carb!?!?!?! Are You Kidding?!?!?
I just can’t believe it!!
Garlic bread this fantastic, and YES, these tasty treats are low in carbs. As a matter of fact, only 1 gram of carbohydrates per piece.
I got this recipe from the folks at dietdoctor.com. They have so many fabulous low carb recipes. I will be trying many and posting my responses here, and any changes I may make, so be sure to check back here too.
After I made these, I froze the left overs. When I’m ready for garlic bread to join us at our next meal, I’ll thaw them for a few seconds in the microwave, then re-heat them in my toaster oven.
So easy to make, and really tasty! Enjoy!
- 4 oz. butter, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Form with moist hands into 10 pieces and roll into hot dog buns. Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 40-50 minutes, they’re done when you can hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Make the garlic butter while the bread is baking. Mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge.
- Take the buns out of the oven when they’re done and leave to let cool. Take the garlic butter out of the fridge. When the buns are cooled, cut them in halves, using a serrated knife, and spread garlic butter on each half.
- Turn your oven up to 425°F (225°C) and bake the garlic bread for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.